The International Lymphoedema Framework works dedicated to the following statements:
We work for creating a better everyday life for people world wide living with lymphoedema and related disorders.
We work in partnership with the National Lymphoedema Frameworks to improve the lives of people living with lymphoedema and related disorders.
- We value the knowledge and experience of people living with lymphoedema
- We are passionate about changing the life’s of people living with lymphoedema
- Drive / Dynamic
- Power: We are stronger together than separate
- Disseminate this knowledge by implementing an international, not-for-profit publications strategy
- Facilitate and/or contribute to better access to treatment for patients worldwide
- Help the health care industry understand the real needs of patients and practitioners, and develop and evaluate diagnostic tools and treatments
- Increase awareness by raising the profile of lymphoedema
- Increase knowledge about lymphoedema by initiating and/or contributing to research programmes
- Increase understanding of lymphoedema and its management by creating and/or contributing to the development of education programmes
- Provide a cross cultural networking platform through an annual international event where all stakeholders will have the opportunity to contribute and influence the ILF agenda
- Promote and document best practice with the development of an international minimum dataset
- Promote and facilitate international collaboration
- Promote and support initiatives whose goals are to improve the national/regional/local management of lymphoedema anywhere in the world.